We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overview of New England Destinations

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,639 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Overview of New England Destinations

Duplicate post -- I also will put this on the Boston forum

Lots of times people come to this forum trying to put together a "New England Tour". It can be difficult to pin it town because all of teh regular posters have their favorite spots ... none is really "better" than the other ... just a favorite.

Today's Boston Globe magazine has a great overview of a few summer spots in each of the 6 New England states. It is in no way complete, but it's a good starting point .... and many of the sites, while described with summer in mind are also great in autumn too.

You may need to register to view the article, I'm not 100% sure, but it's worthwhile reading, especially if you are planning a visit.

boston.com/travel/…

Edited: 16 May 2011, 00:33
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Overview of New England Destinations

Wow, don't all those places look so nice?

Makes me want to plan a little New England vacation myself!

Thanks for sharing this, forgot.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overview of New England Destinations

Forgot...thanks for sharing this information. I love that magazine..and read it every Sunday. The writeup gave some great information.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,639 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overview of New England Destinations

Yes, i enjoy the Globe Magazine ... I had a real treat a few years back. I was on the Cape for a weekend in May and when I pulled out the magazine I was surprised to see the place I was staying pictured on the cover!!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,639 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overview of New England Destinations

Also in this weeks "Tales from the City" section is a little blurb about Bova's Bakery. The "punch line" is "This is a 24-hour bakery. There is no de-caf." For some reason, I like that line. ;)

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overview of New England Destinations

lol..Forgot...that was a cute response..and touche indeed. When I read that I think I was surprised to learn Bova's sold coffee. I am trying to picture where..but I can't. Oh..geez..now that I have Bova on the mind..my mind is drifting towards their delicious chocolate croissants. Now that's two reasons to return to the North End sometime soon..lol

6. Re: Overview of New England Destinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2012, 06:19