We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 of 3 Mt. Vernon Restaurants close

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
2 of 3 Mt. Vernon Restaurants close

This shocker arrived in an email this morning:

"Have you heard the news? Unfortunatley, we have closed two of our locations. Our Rt. 1A location, Mt. Vernon at the Wharf & Our Rt. 1 location, Mt Vernon at the Ship. We appreciate your business, loyalty and support over the years and look forward to seeing you at our Somerville location, still offering great meals and deals since 1935! All gift cards, loyalty cards and most coupons still may be redeemed at our Somerville Location.

Sincerely,

The Henry Family"

...just like that.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 of 3 Mt. Vernon Restaurants close

Hey Firewind,

You know that I was a big fan of their Wharf location in Revere. I am sad they are closing. Where else could you go out for a twin lobster dinner with a hot popover for less than 15 dollars? Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of their Somerville location but I guess that is where I will have to go for my cheap lobster fix.

BTW, did you ever make it to the all you can eat lobster place in Maine? I am heading to the Noric Lodge this weekend to celebrate a love one's birthday. I have never been but been trying to get there for years, not sure if it is a place for me but all you can eat lobster can never be a bad thing! It is nice to see you on the forums again!

Remay

Edited: 15 September 2011, 16:29
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 of 3 Mt. Vernon Restaurants close

I tried to edit the Nordic Lodge in Rhode Island, but I am having a little difficulties with my new mobile device!

Enjoy!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 of 3 Mt. Vernon Restaurants close

Hi R:

You enjoy! The Nordic Lodge sure makes it on Mr. Andelman's weekend morning eating show. Looks like you shouldn't eat for a day before.

Thanks for remembering. I have not. I have been splitting my time between here and California, a lot more. Really need to get down Maine way in the next month, so I am still interested in that place, if it's still there. My m.o. here is to rent cars to get out of town. (And friends and history always beckon to Cape Ann.) Oh, and to respond like Pavlov's dog to Mt. Vernon twin lobster promos.....

Definitely too much information!

4. Re: 2 of 3 Mt. Vernon Restaurants close

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 16:18