We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road closures on route 2

Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
road closures on route 2

Im looking to visit williamstown ,ma this weekend, wondering if there are any road closure problems if im coming from albany?

D.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: road closures on route 2

None that I know of. There are no storms on the horizon either. Why are you asking the question?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: road closures on route 2

And why do you keep posting this same question when you now already know the answer?

Edited: 04 November 2011, 22:08
Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road closures on route 2

thank you, i have never been there and was told by someone that there were some closures on route 2.....AND i only posted my questions once!

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: road closures on route 2

The road closures on Rt 2 are well past Williamstown and that is due to construction during last fall and summer. It may be completed by now. If you take Rt 7 south out of Bennington it will take you right to Williamstown.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: road closures on route 2

This may be too late for your trip, but I believe you may be refering to the damage to route 2 from Tropical Storm Irene. That effected area is well east of Williamstown and you would not be effected coming from Albany. Here is a link to the latest: transportation.blog.state.ma.us/blog/page/2/

Westernmass

Edited: 06 November 2011, 19:51
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: road closures on route 2

We drove 2 in september and had to make a pretty long detour but that was between Greenfield and N. Adams. (Mohawk Trail). The detour was pretty as well though ;)

7. Re: road closures on route 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 05:16