We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Boston

We are staying in Boston for a day and a half before heading up to Maine. Would like to know the best area to stay to make the most of the short time. Not bothered about shopping. More attractions, restaurants, and maybe some Irish pubs!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston

I should say I like Clarenden Square Inn in South End, would line to know if this is central.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston

It's central enough, and is by all accounts a very nice property.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston

Thank you! Will book it.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston

I wouldn't say that is central to anything. But I'm sure you'll love it. :-)

32 years ago I lived around the corner from her on Pembroke Street. I know things have cleaned up a lot since then but I can't imagine it as a tourist destination.

Edited: 22 July 2012, 01:31
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston

I stayed there a couple years ago. It is really nice.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston

Where would you suggest is central? As I said we don't have much time and woul like to be as central as possible. Thanks

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston

Central to me would be Nine-Zero, or the Omni Parker house or the Millenium or the Marriot Custom House or the Marriot Long Wharf.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston

Thank you I will have a look at those area's. Thanks for the info.

9. Re: Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:16