Flights usually work out all right, but they are certainly subject to cancellation or delays. In a really bad storm, the same thing applies to buses. I do think the bus is less likely to be canceled.
Maybe you should get a plane ticket, and then fall back on the bus if you have to. On the other hand, if minimizing travel time is not terribly important, you could just plan on the bus, which would also give you the chance to see some of the lovely scenery.
I agree with what wpsaukee says, but I'd rather be "stranded" at an airport where I can walk around, take a nap on the floor, use a real toilet, wash with fresh water and maybe bu food in drink than sitting on a bus, crawling along at 10mph for hour after hour .....
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.