We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to Montreal early January

York, United Kingdom
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Boston to Montreal early January

Hi, I'm travelling from Boston to Montreal early January 2013. As I see it I can fly or get the Greyhound bus. But I'm like advice about weather conditions - in the event of a winter storm I feel like the bus might be more reliable. But do flights get out even in heavy snow?

Thanks

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
548 reviews
from US$89.10*
US$99.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour...
1,007 reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
459 reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
636 reviews
from US$76.00*
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to Montreal early January

Flights usually work out all right, but they are certainly subject to cancellation or delays. In a really bad storm, the same thing applies to buses. I do think the bus is less likely to be canceled.

Maybe you should get a plane ticket, and then fall back on the bus if you have to. On the other hand, if minimizing travel time is not terribly important, you could just plan on the bus, which would also give you the chance to see some of the lovely scenery.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,626 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to Montreal early January

I agree with what wpsaukee says, but I'd rather be "stranded" at an airport where I can walk around, take a nap on the floor, use a real toilet, wash with fresh water and maybe bu food in drink than sitting on a bus, crawling along at 10mph for hour after hour .....

3. Re: Boston to Montreal early January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:16