We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,009 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Where are you staying? How are you prepping for the storm? Has your hotel given you any guidance or special supplies?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Forgotmypassword,

this post is really thoughtful of you. Hope that you and the other nice people on the Boston / Cape Cod forum will keep safe.

Best wishes

(Miami)Mimi

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Well, us locals are here anyway. The wind is already blowing like crazy. I thought that was coming after the snow started. Good luck, everybody!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,009 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Mimi thanks for you kind words. We'll be fine. Personally I am tired of the news coverage and feel like I am in " hurry up and wait" mode. Lol

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Well, as someone just said "If Jim Cantore comes to your town with a yardstick, it's time to get out of town!" Stay safe everyone!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Hi I am in town with my 6 mo old 3 yr old, 9 yr old and 18 yr old. Oh and have my in laws who aren't in great shape. What must we do and see. We hate snow but are other wise open to anything so long as the little one can participate. Thx.

Seriously enjoy the storm safely!

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
205 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

If you are going to venture out, say tomorrow after the snow advisories are over, I would try to get to Atlantic Fish Company and the Boston Public Library just up the road from Atlantic. Why, you ask? Atlantic Fish Company is awesome with their customer service, especially during weather issues. During heavy rains, we've experienced them sending staff out with umbrellas to hold them over our family while waiting to be picked up. Top that all off with Atlantic Fish Company giving us at least one umbrella over the years. If there's a restaurant in Boston that will take care of you during or after a storm, it's Atlantic Fish Company! Why the Boston Public Library? #1 it's old, old, old. #2, it's huuuuge. Very interesting stuff all over the place. #3, it's a public building, so even if you just wanted to go in there and sit for a long time for a change of scenery without buying something, you could do that. Of course, you'd want to call both of these places before you venture out for a visit. http://www.atlanticfishco.com/ http://www.bpl.org/

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

neslaw - do you need queen size beds? let me know, I can hook you up.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Boston Public Library has already posted that they will closed today, tomorrow and Sunday.

I would call ahead to any restaurant before heading out!

The wind has picked up and the snow is flying!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,163 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

forgot, Thanks for posting this. I was wondering this morning if any of the TA posters were in town this weekend.

Neslaw1, I think a whale watch would be perfect! ;-)

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
898 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feb 8 2013 --- Any visitors here?

Stay safe to all of you over there x