We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

We're heading to Boston area this summer.

Are there any bike rentals on the Minuteman Trail - Cambridge to Lexington?

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

The Bike Stop in Arlington:

http://www.abikestop.com/

Houston
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

I found that though there are places to rent on the trail, they're pretty hard to get to unless you already have a car (or a bike). What was simplest (though a bit more expensive) for me was taking the metro to the trail and renting one of the bikes from the automated machines:

brandonisstillalive.com/2013/…

I biked all the way to Walden pond and back.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
477 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

Great suggestion, Brandon, and useful to future posters looking for biking advice. Hubway is the regional bike sharing program in the Boston area. www.thehubway.com It's too bad that there are not currently Hubway bikes at the Alewife Red Line station, which is both at the end of the Red Line subway and the intersection of several bike trails, including the Minuteman Trail. So the Davis Square Red Line stop is the closest place to the Minuteman trail to rent a bike that is also transit accessible.

In addition to the bike store mentioned above in Arlington, there is a bike sa/es/rental store at the Bedford, Mass end of the Minuteman trail, but it is not as easily accessed via public transit as the Hubway. http://www.bikewaysource.com

[ I am not affiliated with any of the businesses mentioned above].

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

Quad Cycles in Arlington rents bike. It's right on Mass Ave so next to the bike path and right on a bus route so easy to get to. BikeStop, mentioned by the first response, would also be easy to get to and it's literally right on the bike path.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

Another rental option is the Bicycle Exchange (2067 Massachusetts Ave. in Cambridge). It's about a 5-minute walk from the Porter Square station on the MBTA red line. Then from the bike shop to the start of the Minuteman trail is about a 5-minute bike ride via city streets that are relatively tame, except for the short initial stretch on Mass. Ave. itself. (And just to be clear: I have no business interest or affiliation with this shop.)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

This worked well for me today, because some of the others are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

The minuteman trail runs into the battle trail , if you stop @ the Lexington visitor centre which has a back door on the trail, pick up a map and directions to the minuteman national historic park.

7. Re: Bike rentals - minuteman trail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:17