We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage on Amtrak / Penn Station to Springfield

Magdeburg, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage on Amtrak / Penn Station to Springfield

Hello,

during my vacation this july, I would like to take an Amtrak train from Penn Station to Springfield/MA (either the Vermonter or the Northeast Regional). According to the Amtrak website, checking baggage will not be possible. Baggage allowance is two pieces with a max size of 28" x 22" x 14" each. Now, my suitcase is slightly above that limit..........approx 33" x 24" x 12". Will I still be able to get on board of the train? And if so, will there space to store the suitcase somewhere? I assume that the overhead storage will probably be too small, but I have read that there is space for luggage at both ends of the car. Will the suitcase fit in there? And if so, would it be possible to lock the suitcase to the storage rack or something?

Any info/help is highly appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage on Amtrak / Penn Station to Springfield

Nobody will even look at the size of your suitcases. Typically, there are places to put your suitcases, but I doubt you'll be able to attached to anything. You'll just have to keep an eye out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage on Amtrak / Penn Station to Springfield

Watch your bags on the trains. Don't put it far from where you're sitting.

3. Re: Baggage on Amtrak / Penn Station to Springfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:19