We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to stop NYC to Maine

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Good place to stop NYC to Maine

My husband and I are going to Bar Harbor Maine for about a week. We want to stop for a few days to break up the trip. Ideally, we would like to stay in a country area with ready access to some easy walking, maybe some nice gardens, a lake to meander about. Any ideas?

Dorothy and Eric

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to stop NYC to Maine

Are you talking overnight? What route are you taking?

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to stop NYC to Maine

Route 91, then across to 495 via 84 and 90. Then into Maine.

It is a 498 mile trip and we would stop three or four days in a nice place to cut the trip down in size. We have cut the trip down by going to New Hampshire, but we are going out of our way west quite a bit.

Thanjs

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to stop NYC to Maine

Berkshires. But you are to far east with this route. Maybe Sturbridge? Not much between Sturbridge and 495. Maybe Rockport because not much along 495. Instead of 495, goto 95 and Concord is best idea in my opinion as least out of way for a detour.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place to stop NYC to Maine

Thanks. I'll look at Concord.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place to stop NYC to Maine

For a few days, you could actually stop in Boston.

6. Re: Good place to stop NYC to Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:17