We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Foliage

New Braunfels
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fall Foliage

I am planning on being in the New England area and would like information on the BEST areas to see the Fall Foliage. I'll be there for one week, should I stay in just one area or what would be the best driving routes to other areas that might be of interest? Your ideas and input are appreciated! Having never traveled this area and knowing there are lots of prime spots, it's a little difficult to narrow down when you have no idea what you're doing or where you're supposed to go ... THANKS!

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
588 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour...
697 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,048 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Tour of Historic Fenway Park...
41 Reviews
from US$25.00*
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Foliage

When will you be visiting? That makes a lot of difference as to where you need to go to see the best foliage.

New Braunfels
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Foliage

I will be there Sept 24 - Oct 2nd.

Level Contributor
3,517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Foliage

Very, very, very far north.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall Foliage

North Conway/Jackson New Hampshire if you want to see foliage. You could also spend 4 days in NH and then 3 in Boston. I like the North Conway area because there is a lot to do so you don't feel like you're stuck in the middle of nowhere. You really need to start thinking about booking your hotel reservations now.

Edited: 16 August 2013, 00:17
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,031 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall Foliage

This fall foliage forecast map will be useful in planning. Notice how foliage progresses during your stay. yankeefoliage.com/peak-foliage-forecast-map/

Of course, every year is variable, but this is probably your best predictor. Heading to VT would be your safest bet for good foliage. It's a lovely ride.

6. Re: Fall Foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now