We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city Foliage

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,999 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
city Foliage

I had the opportunity to walk through the Common yesterday. Today I walked down Marlborough Street and through a bit if the public garden. The leaves were very pretty, but in my opinion, nowhere near "peak".

Happy fall and GO SOX!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city Foliage

I agree Forgot - I walked through the beautiful park in Post Office Square the end of last week and none of the oak or maple trees there were showing any colors yet...all green! If anyone is in the financial district and looking for an oasis, here is a link to information about the park - I remember when that entire block was an ugly concrete garage!

Some of the trees in the park are 'on loan' from the Arboretum:

The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University and Friends of Post Office Square entered into a unique partnership which brought several mature specimen trees to The Norman B. Leventhal Park on a permanent loan from the Arnold Arboretum’s Living Collections. These trees, some of which had grown at the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain for forty years, include a Hybrid Red Oak, an Eastern Arborvitae, and two Giant Western Arborvitae. The “loan” of these trees is part of the Arnold Arboretum’s commitment to increasing public appreciation of the value of woody plants.

http://www.normanbleventhalpark.org/

2. Re: city Foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:20