We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pavlus Travel Agents

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pavlus Travel Agents

I'm about to book a 9 day "land tour" starting/ending in Boston on GLOBUS TOURS. I've heard good things about Globus, but I have NOT heard much about PAVLUS TRAVEL (an internet carrier better known as cheaper tours.com).

Pavlus travel agents offer this great tour for hundreds of dollars less if book through them onliine. My question is: IS THIS SAFE TO BOOK THROUGH PAVLUS TRAVEL?

Has anyone used these travel agents before? It almost sounds too good to be true. PLEASE let me know if you've had any experience through this agency before. THANKS!

Edited: 06 November 2013, 20:45
Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,260 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

Never heard of them. Have you tried googling "reviews of pavlus travel"?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

Are you sure both tours are mostly the same? Do you have links to the tours?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

Beagle.....yes, thanks.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

Ting...they actually use both names on their literature.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

I have received email listings from Pavlus Travel for a long time but not booked any of their trips. I have also contacted them for specific questions pertaining to cruises, etc. Why don't you give them a call and ask them specific questions, how they compare w/ Globus, etc. I would compare the itinerary of both tours, hotels, etc. and see if there is a significant difference. You will be able to see what you are getting w/ each company. Can u give us the links for both tours? What is the other tour company thru Pavlus?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

May,

Pavlus books through Globus directly as a travel agent...so they are both the same trip; except Pavlus offers it for hundreds less!

I'm surprised that more travelers haven't use them before. Why pay more if you get the same results????

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

The Pavlus listing that I looked at gave the "listed" price of a Globus tour and said to call for the Pavlus price. I think you have to shop around. I would call both for prices before committing. Many prices listed in brochures are often discounted.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

Yes I know they advertise contacting them for better prices than those listed. It is similar to another online travel agency that will say to contact them for better prices. So if u feel comfortable booking this at the lower price thru Pavlus, then do so. When I book a cruise I do my homework first and get prices from several agencies, then shop around for the best deal.

I just checked the BBB on Pavlus Travel and they have an excellent track record. Just google BBB & Pavlus Travel and u will find the link. On the website it states the following:

(On January 23, 2013 the BBB serving New Mexico and Southwest Colorado requested Pavlus Travel & Cruise, Inc. modify its advertisement of "Save up to %". This advertising fails to meet the BBB Code of Advertising since they do not disclose the minimum discounts. The BBB Code of Advertising requires advertisements for items with a range of savings to state both the minimum and maximum savings without undue or misleading display of maximum nor does it indicate what the discount is taken from. Pavlus Travel has modified ads.)

I have seen some mixed reviews on them on other websites. This is true of any online travel agency and I, myself, have booked cruises w/ agencies that have had negative reviews from people. Again, do your homework first before u book. Also make sure u know the cancellation terms and I refer you to Pavlus's website for this information:

https://www.cheapertravel.com/terms.php

It clearly states on the above website that Pavlus is acting as agents for the various suppliers and u should check out Globus cancellation policies also. Deposits may not be refunded, etc.

Some further info:

Odds and Ends about Pavlus Travel (from above website):

The Pavlus Discount Program: Our discount program is simple. We quote you our lowest price which includes your discount and all other charges for your vacations. Your Discount is immediate at time of purchase. Our staff has planned vacations for over one million people to Europe. Not many travel companies have the years of experience of our personnel. We urge you to compare our discounts versus any other offers in the marketplace.

Reservations & Deposits: We follow the deposit policy of each tour company. You should review in detail the booking and cancellation policy of your tour company located in your brochure. Some deposits may be non-refundable.

Travel Protection Plans: We STRONGLY urge you to purchase a travel protection plan that covers issues that may cause you to miss your trip. Illness, flight delays and various types of unexpected family emergencies can be covered depending on the plan purchased.

Cancellation Penalties: First of all, we RECOMMEND Travel Protection type plans. If you cancel your reservation you will be charged the cancellation penalties incurred by your particular tour/cruise company. These charges are not Pavlus Travels'.

That's about all I can tell you. Sit down and go over all the various options before u book the trip.

May

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

Thanks "Ting" for the response.

I did take the "plunge" and booked with Pavlus. There were two discounts given off the Globus Price from Pavlus while booking the trip directly w/ Globus. 10% off for an early pymt (10 mo. ahead of trip--paid in full); about 14% more off for the Pavlus discount. It ended up saving me about $560. off the Globus stated tour price.

Pavlus is a travel agency in good standing that books with Globus. Corp. offices in Albuqueque, NM. I had "Denise" as my Travel Panner. She was excellent. Efficient, fun and had my documents immediate after booking. I would have NO PROBLEM in booking another vacation through them.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pavlus Travel Agents

May, thanks for your very impressive evaluation for me. I truly appreciate your efforts. I also appreciate the "open Minded" attitude you reflect. It's very refreshing. You have good advice in researching.

I did end up booking with Pavlus Travel and had a very pleasant experience with them. I received savings of about $560. for the same trip offered for a Globus Tour in the US. I found the booking very exact, professional and courteous. There are various Travel Panners, but I had the pleasure of having "Denise" who was very friendly, helpful and efficient.

I've gone from being very cautious of Pavlus to recommending them and willing to take another trip with them w/o hesitation.

Thanks.