We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

I'm going to a wedding and trying to book a room for the Renaissance PP in Foxborough. Calling the hotel the cheapest rate is $189 for 2/22. The problem is it's non refundable. It is the same on all the major travel sites. I was shocked as I thought those rooms were always refundable. The refundable rate is $209. I tried to use a coupon code I had for one of the sites with the refundable rate and it didn't work. I think b/c it's a Marriott property. Any other ideas or should I bite the bullet?

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
548 reviews
from US$89.10*
US$99.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour...
1,008 reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
459 reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
638 reviews
from US$76.00*
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

Do you have Triple A? If so, you can get the room on the Marriott site for $179.00 and you can cancel up until Feb. 21. Hope this helps.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 01:32
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,767 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

If you're seriously planning to go for the wedding, why are you so worried about a non-cancellable rate?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

That is a nice hotel and worth the rate. There are a few Mariott courtyards not far if looking for a better rate

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

Hey Alan, the issue is I can easily drive home. So, I'm debating whether I want to spend the money and kind of want the ability to cancel if we change our minds. Kendrick, my dh does have AAA so that's a great idea. Thank you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

Is the wedding in the hotel? if so is there a rate for wedding guests?

There's a courtyard Mariott route one north in Norwood before dean street. Very nice, i have been there many times.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

If the wedding is in the hotel, I would book the Triple A rate and just stay there rather than drive home. That way you can enjoy yourself without worrying about driving home late at night.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

The wedding is very nearby, but the bride and groom are staying at this particular hotel, so have encouraged guests to do the same. I was surprised there was no room block.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

Check out the Mariott courtyard rate. There's also a residence inn close by.

9. Re: Tips for the Renaissance Patriot Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18