We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Annapolis, MD USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Driving up to Boston this weekend--need to be downtown between 12 and 1pm. I'm thinking of making half the trip Friday night, staying in a hotel near the expressway, and continuing on in the morning. Am I better off just staying on 95 the whole way, or cutting west on 287 around Edison and re-connecting with 95 near White Plains? I'd probably stay in the Edison area Friday night. Just how bad is 95 through New York?

I appreciate any insights.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

95 is terrible in NYC and into Connecticut as well. Take any other alternative route you can. if you take 287, you can stay on that into Connecticut and take the Merritt Parkway and Wilbur Cross to 91 North, 84 East and then 90 East.

Annapolis, MD USA
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

Alanm - Thank you!!

3. Re: Baltimore to Boston -- I95 through NY or 287 through NJ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20