We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Boston to North East States

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Road Trip from Boston to North East States

My Husband are planning on flying into Boston in August and renting care to go to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and maybe back through providence back to Boston. We want to spend a couple of days in Boston. We want to see lighthouses, eat lobster, maybe a beach. Neither of us have been there so we don't know how long to plan for. We are thinking between 10 -14 days. What cities should we stay in? How long should we stay in each place? What should we see? What should our route be?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip from Boston to North East States

Search past posts and you will see many different options.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,229 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip from Boston to North East States

You might want to hop on over to the New England board, where there are many existing threads about just this topic, in order to give you some ideas. I have to post a Top Question about routes for a road trip through New England, since it s such a popular topic.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip from Boston to North East States

Places to consider Newport, RI (Rose Island Lighthouse) Rockport, MA, Newburyport, MA, Porstmouth, NH (you might enjoy an overnight stay at The Wentworth By The Sea in New Castle, NH) York, ME (Nubble Light)

Ogunquit, ME Kennbunkport, ME, Portland, ME and Boothbay Harbor, ME

Make sure to allow plenty of time to visit Boston.

For Lighouses in Vermont, you would want to consider Burlington, VT and Lake Champlain.

4. Re: Road Trip from Boston to North East States

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16