We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight in Boston with 8 hours to spare

Basingstoke, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting flight in Boston with 8 hours to spare

Hi all, I'm in need of a Boston expert!

I have a connecting flight in Boston next week landing at 1pm and out again at 10pm. Having never been to the US I wanted to make the most of this and try as see the city if only for a few hours. Obviously I am short on time so would appreciate an idiots guide to how to get to Downtown using public transport and also where I can store my luggage during this time. Also does anyone know if there is an Internet cafe in Boston Airport? Thanks all

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight in Boston with 8 hours to spare

Try and check in your luggage with Airline you're using later in the day, as there are no lockers or storage facilities at the Airport. If you can't, then your best alternative is to use the Rowes Wharf Water Taxi back and forth to Downtown, as they offer complimentary luggage storage for their customers.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 16:19
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,521 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight in Boston with 8 hours to spare

Donna, is there some reason why you can't check to luggage through to your final destination? I know you will need to clear customs in Boston but then all checked bags are dropped off (by you) very close by to be routed to your next flight. Hope you can do that.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 18:48
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight in Boston with 8 hours to spare

the airport has free wifi, but if you need a computer, there might still be some free standing computers that are really slow and expensive, not sure if they are still in the terminals.

re: public transportation, several options.

shuttle bus to the MBTA, (the "T") take blue line to Aquarium, walk to the North End, and also follow some of the Freedom Trail.

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

or free silver line bus to South Station, transfer to the "T" (red line) go to Park Street Station, pick up maps and info at the Visitor Center (on Tremont Street)

I think you have some good suggestions for your bags, can't think of other options.

4. Re: Connecting flight in Boston with 8 hours to spare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:17