We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boston help

Hanworth uk
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
boston help

Hi just would like to know any hotels near the town please as my wife and my kids like to visit boston and i need to book hotel not sure the areas please hopfully not far from touriste and shopping areas Many thanks Djamel

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,206 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boston help

What is your desired budget in US dollars per night?

How many people in your group and how many beds do you need? Fire laws are strict about how many people can stay in one room.

When will you be here? Prices vary from day to day depending on what is going on in town. October is significantly more expensive than January.

Happy Planning.

Hanworth uk
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boston help

Hi thanks for reply 3 people coming my wife and my 2 kids 2 bed will do and looking at comming on 16thof this month for 3 nights thats all i presume budjet will be about 130to150 dollars night should be pk thanks again

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,552 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boston help

You are asking the nearly impossible. i'm not chiding you, i'm just letting you know what to expect. A last minute arrival plus a very low budget for a city with very expensive hotel rates. And, from looking at a few booking sites, the city appears to be pretty full next week. The best I can find to suggest for you is a triple room with shared bathroom at the 40Berkeley Hostel. It is about $123 per night, not including tax. It is a prepaid non-refundable rate, but it does include breakfast. The location is good, with a 15-20 minute walk to Back Bay or the Theater District.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 17:47
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,552 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boston help

Forgot to add, the hostel can be reserved on booking.com

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,206 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boston help

To give you an idea of prices ... www.bostonhostel.org has a 3 person private room with ensuite bath for $199 per night. It is sold out for your dates.

Last minute travel has NOTHING listed as "available"

Hanworth uk
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boston help

Many thanks i was looking at ramada hotel but there prices are different from day to day do no why is there an sport event or something please i do get discount from hotel but somhow no hotel available also didnt know what the best areas to be in / once again thanks for your replys

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,552 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boston help

The Ramada is outside of central Boston. It is not really convenient for seeing the main tourist sights in that you can't step out of the door and walk a bit to wherever you need to go. it seems that they have a shuttle that I would assume goes to the nearest subway stop, but perhaps some of the reviews here on TA might mention more about that.. The rate I found on the Ramada website for your dates was $215 per night, however, so that is out of your budget unless you have a good discount available to you.

There must be something going because the city is so full next week. Maybe a convention? School is out in many places now, so it is the start of the busy summer vacation season..

8. Re: boston help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:17