We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Place to take 4yr and 10yr old..

Holland, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
best Place to take 4yr and 10yr old..

Would like to go to a great place for the kids .... but not spend a fortune.. and would love both the kids to have a great time.. and maybe 1-2 over nights would be great.. any IDEAS..

GREAT WOLF ...VS.. MICHIGAN ADVENTURE?? or other???

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
828 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best Place to take 4yr and 10yr old..

what time of yr are you planning to go? i know w the great wolf you'll drop some cash....right off the top of my head if you're going later in the yr after thanksgiving pokagan st park in ne indiana has a refrigerated tobaggan run that is fun & cheap(you rent the tobagans)...the state park inn is remodeled and reasonable....and the nature center & cross country ski rental is cheap(they'll even give you brief lessons)....and there is an indoor pool & hot tub. The inn has a HUGE family type room with games & things to do....the restaurant is only passible but there is a little town nearby w some decent food & kid friendly restaurants and a small outlet mall for christmas shopping....

all in all its a pretty cheap trip., and my family really loved it when the kids were that age. Make reservations NOW if you still can get em.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best Place to take 4yr and 10yr old..

I would not bother taking a 4 yr old to Michigan Adventure at all. I would definitely recommend the Great Wolf Lodges=even your 10 yr old will enjoy it. You might try the TC area-lots of putt putts, a small zoo, a beach, arcades, natural scenery (have a picnic out on Old Mission), parks, a bike path etc. Might be fun to do different things, and you might save a lot of money doing the free/cheap things. Have fun! Tyme

3. Re: best Place to take 4yr and 10yr old..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 08:26