We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive through america

irish
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
drive through america

hey everyone i am trying to get a plan together on a drive through america i have never be to any part of america so i need all the help i can get were are the places i should defo go i am willing to work through stages of my trip so will apply for the correct paper work can anyone give me a hand on were to start on plaining this trip please and thank you xxxxxxxxx

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive through america

Awesome!!! Sounds like a killer trip! How about doing it on a motorcycle??

There are a lot of options, will this be a one way trip or are you returning to one particular area?

US 2 might be worth consideration...it starts at the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan and continues West all the way to the coast in Washington.

Another iconic drive that would definitely take you through America's heartland would of course be Route 66, which starts in Chicago and winds through IL, MO, KS, OK, TX, NM, AZ and finally ends in Los Angeles.

When are you going? What are you into? Tell us a bit more and I'm sure posters will offer some great suggestions on specific points of interest.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: drive through america

It depends on your interests, where you would like to go to? Many people like the traditional touristy things. Some people have interests in history, museums, night life, etc.

Are you coming alone or bringing a family?

Do you like to drive, or are you hoping to land in one place and go on day trips?

How long will you be here for?

What are your interests?

3. Re: drive through america

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 05:27