We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

We are planning our family vacation for August 2009. My mom recently remarried so now we have more people going. Ages range from 28-85 and a newborn. There would be about 11 of us. I was hoping to find either condos or cottages so we won't be on top of each other. Does anyone have any ideas? I feel like I have been looking everywhere online and getting nowhere. We really enjoy being right on Lake Michigan. Last year we rented a 5 bedroom house but that won't work anymore, and I am leaning more towards condos/cottages, possibly even a resort.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
471 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

Hi... go to VRBO.com and start searching. If you limit yourself to just on the Lake Michigan shore the options that will help you are going to be very expensive... but there are some by Suttons Bay.

I suggest you look at some of the lakes up north... lake charlevoix, burt and mullet will have places that fit your needs.... and are very nice... with access to the big lakes!

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
471 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

Another website you might want to try is vistupnorth.com... they have a large selection of places near Traverse City.

Also, we just found a place, last minute, that is big enough for 12 on VacationRentals.com

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

Thanks for your help!

St.Clair Shores , Mi
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

you might contact the homestead in glen arbor mi they have condos for rent on lake michigan golf tennis fishing and are close to traverse city and michigans upper penninsula

5. Re: Mixed family vacation - cottage ideas? NEED HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 14:22