We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any fall color in the UP???

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Any fall color in the UP???

Yooperbacker or anyone else: Is there any color up in your neck of the woods? We are coming up Friday for the weekend, staying in St Ignace. Plan to do a color tour route, including Seney Wildlife Refuge, Newberry, Oswalds Bear Ranch and the falls. Maybe Paradise and the Shipreck Museum on the point. Then back to St Ignace. Got a great rate at the Budget Host in St Ignace. We've stayed their previously and have never been disappointed.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any fall color in the UP???

doggy,

The color's just starting to come on here at the tip of the lower peninsula. Color won't be anywhere near peak, but should be decent along the roadways.

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any fall color in the UP???

Thanks DHC. We are downstate from you and really have no color to speak of yet.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any fall color in the UP???

Nothing here in Manistique yet doggy1. Also your question about Pet places. There is one in Manistique. The pet store is in a group of stores across from the Bank and Movie Theater.

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any fall color in the UP???

Wow, thanks Yooperbacker. We may just drive over and visit the store. I have to tell you that in June we stopped in Manistique and had burgers at the Clyde's drive in. Our Magellion GPS found it no problem. I thought of you while munching my burger!

We took Dear Son and our new dog to Escanaba for the night. Just to say we have been there. No Moonlight that weekend, just lots of rain, but we had a good time.

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any fall color in the UP???

Color is about 10% here in Houghton/Keweenaw counties. It'll be 100% in 10-14 days - I think. Beautiful weather now and most of the tourists are gone. I wouldn't be swimming in Lake Superior though.

6. Re: Any fall color in the UP???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 09:37