We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about a meet-up?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
What about a meet-up?

Well my travel plans over the next couple of weeks are filling up but I thought I would put this out to all of the local experts, frequent posters and new posters....is anyone interested in meeting next week somewhere in our beloved Northern Michigan?

I know my extended family has a lot of plans but I would love to sneak out for a bit to meet some of my friends and acquaintances here on the Michigan forum. Let me know what you think! Moms

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What about a meet-up?

Northern Michigan - do you mean the Upper Peninsula, ha ha.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about a meet-up?

Yooper, us downstaters just call it "up north", all inclusive you know. :-) I'm looking forward to a meetup Moms.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
303 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about a meet-up?

Great thought, but next week won't work for the Karrases. Our family's trip, now sadly altered so we'll be mostly in Wisconsin, will be in late August. It'll be one night each in Wausau and Green Bay, then two nights at a Florence County, WI cabin, with a moderate chunk of time spent across the border in Dickinson County.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What about a meet-up?

Hey Moms,

I know RedRox is going to be in the area about the same time as you and he's interested in a meetup. Maybe early one evening...cocktails and appy type meet? You'll be in Charlevoix, right? I know RR will be in Harbor and I'm in Indian River...sounds like Petoskey would be the most central...something on the water would be nice...I'm not a huge Bay Harbor fan, but Chandler Symon opened a new restaurant "Cava" there recently that I haven't had a chance to try yet...or there's always the Knot. What are your thoughts?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,620 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What about a meet-up?

I'll be arriving in Harbor Springs with MrsRedPony on Wednesday evening the 15th and have commitments for Friday and Saturday nights. So how about either Thursday or Sunday? Petoskey would be convenient. I'm always up for a TA meet up.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What about a meet-up?

Hey Red,

Hope you are planning on joining us on Friday to meet the Frogman. Our VIP night is from 6 - 9. If you can't come then, he will be in the gallery from 12 - 3 on Saturday plus he will probably pop in to say hi to your mom while he is here.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Lisa

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,620 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What about a meet-up?

Lisa,

You are the commitment that I referred to on Friday night! I wouldn't miss Tim for the world. I've got my shirt clean and ready to pack. And I'll be hosting a dinner party at the house on Saturday as long as we can get it cleaned up after the Friday affair ;-) Will you have any leftovers?

For other readers. Lisa (1stTimeForJamaica) is the owner of R Frog Gallery in Harbor Springs and their primary artist, Tim Cotterill aka the Frogman, will be in town for a special event at the gallery next weekend. If you are a collector, or just a fan, plan to stop by the gallery to meet the artist and see (maybe invest in) some of his latest work.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What about a meet-up?

Great to hear. See you Friday! (probably sooner)

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What about a meet-up?

Well folks, it may not work out this time. We are unavailable on Thursday. I'll post again after we arrive Up North as plans with extended family are sometimes fluid. If the schedule changes, I would love to meet up with Deadhead and Redrox (amd Mrs. RedPony). Moms

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,620 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What about a meet-up?

Moms (and others), How about Sunday or Monday?

Some of you have my phone number now. Post here, PM or give us a call.