We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha State Park...

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha State Park...

Need some restaurant recs for this area-on Mullett Lake. I am sure DHC can provide what I need :)- also, some recs for Indian River too, since we will be exploring that town a bit this time around.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha State Park...

OH MY........... you are IN the spot!!!

Hack ma Tack ... very Nice!!!

Brown Trout.....(steak/fish/chicken) Indian River

Vivo's.... (italian/pizza) Indian River

Hoppie's .... Burt Lake (dead end of Mullet Burt rd(may have a Cheboygan address) Don't let the plain looking building on the outside fool you...

Wilson's ( think thats the name) next to Burt Lake State park... family restaurant...

Boathouse in Cheboygan...

Inn Between ... right on indian river... burgers

Smoked fish and meats across from the State park next to the putt putt... they are awesome.

Last but not least...

Dessert at Drost's!! downtown Indian river!!

http://www.drostschocolates.com/

I love that area..... there is more too over by Alanson and Petoskey.. I'm not quite as sure as these places. I bet others chime in and either concur with my list or add to it!!!

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha State Park...

Thanks for all of your wonderful suggetions! I knew there were several I could try-esp Brown Trout and Hac. I did look at the Drost website and I gained 10 pounds doing so....LOL. I will be sure and check out at least a couple of these places. I will let you know when we return which ones I did. Thanks again.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha State Park...

I think you only missed one... Breakfast at Paula's Cafe. It's right 68 & 75 exchange in Indian River. It's always packed. Also, the owner collects Teapots and they cover every inch of the inside.

4. Re: Aloha State Park...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 06:18