We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

Does anyone know if there is any lodging places on or close to Lake MI between Charlevoix & Petoskey. We want to use the bike trail that runs along Lake MI but would like to avoid the Bay Harbor area.

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Petoskey
Petoskey
Emmet County, MI
Bay Harbor
Bay Harbor
Petoskey, MI
Detroit Urban Exploration and...
38 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Detroits Rise Fall and Renewal
18 Reviews
from US$27.00*
Special Offer
SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium
4 Reviews
from US$19.99*
US$23.50
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

Do you want to be located on the water or is a hotel inland alright with you?

There are not many choices between the two towns. They are not too far apart. There is an Americinn in Charlevoix that might fit the bill.

I think I would either stay in Charlevoix or in Petoskey. The Edgewater Inn in Charlevoix is lovely, sits on Round Lake with a lovely view of the harbor and the Pine River.

Moms

Mentioned in this post
AmericInn Petoskey
AmericInn Petoskey
695 Reviews
Petoskey, MI
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Petoskey
Petoskey
Emmet County, MI
The Edgewater Inn
The Edgewater Inn
119 Reviews
Charlevoix, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

I don't know how long you're going for but I played golf with a guy that rented a condo at Nine Mile Point which is pretty much in the middle. If you go to Charlevoix's forum you'll see a Nine Mile Point rental as one of the lodging choices on the left side of the page. The two choices Moms listed are there as well.

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

Thanks Rono & Moms, This is a 1 night getaway with hopes to ride the bike path along Lake Michigan. We drove the route last month and it looks like something we could do at least part way. I'll check out the lodging in Charlevoix. Looking to come up this Sunday to Monday. Thanks again. Doggy1

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

I think Edgewater's rates drop significantly Sunday night as opposed to Fri and Sat. Enjoy your ride!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

For a quick, cheap one nighter there's a super 8 right around the Bay Harbor area. I also recommend the Apple Tree Inn in Petoskey but near the 131/31 intersection.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Harbor
Bay Harbor
Petoskey, MI
The Apple Tree Inn
The Apple Tree Inn
471 Reviews
Petoskey, MI
Petoskey
Petoskey
Emmet County, MI
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

I just rode the bike trail from Petoskey to a few miles past Bay Harbor. I don't know what it does beyond that, but it was MUCH more pleasant between Petoskey and Bay Harbor than after. I've also ridden Petoskey to Harbor Springs. Depending on how long you care to ride, I'd recommend that between Petoskey State Park and Bay Harbor (give or take) is the nicest riding, so you might want to stay somewhere convenient to starting at one end or the other.

It wouldn't be a bad ride, even, to start at Bay Harbor in the morning, ride to Harbor Springs, have lunch and shop a bit, then ride back. All day, but very nice if the weather's enjoyable and you're okay with a long ride.

Mentioned in this post
Petoskey
Petoskey
Emmet County, MI
Bay Harbor
Bay Harbor
Petoskey, MI
Harbor Springs
Harbor Springs
Emmet County, MI
Petoskey State Park
Petoskey State Park
421 Reviews
Petoskey, MI
7. Re: ?Lodging between Charlevoix & Petoskey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 07:18