We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette party help!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bachelorette party help!

Hello, I'm the maid of honor for my best friends wedding in June. We are looking to go for her party the second week in June, but those of us Michiganders know that weather is a gamble even in the first few weeks of June.

She would like to do something that involves pool/beach and good food and bars later. Something similar to Put-In-Bay. Does anyone have any suggestions for weekend rentals on beach preferably lake MI or Superior, in a good town, or a hotel with pool on the beach either in MI, or in surrounding states and cities such as Cleveland or Chicago?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette party help!

I think in June the water might be out unless you have it at a hotel with a pool but the lakes will be pretty cold. Grand Rapids has a ton of bars and the Days Inn downtown is reasonable & within walking distance. Traverse City doesn't have as active of a night scence but still a lot of fun and you could stay at Park Place hotel which is downtown & within walking distance. You could also do wine tours in Traverse City as well. Are you looking for more of a bar scence or a place you can rent a cabin or cottage on the lake & just have the party there?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette party help!

Thanks! Yeah we actually just did the wine tour this past november. I think the bar scene is more what we are looking for. We did put-in-bay last summer for my other girlfriends bachelorette party but it was the 1st weekend in July so the weather was warm enough for the swim up bar. We would like to do that again but this wedding is the last weekend in June, and we will probably do the second weekend in June, and for Michigan, you never know what the weather will be like that early in the summer.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
232 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette party help!

Chicago is always fun; however, I don't think you'll find an outside pool at any of the hotels there. I have stayed in several, and they have all been indoors. It would be the same for Grand Rapids. BTW - if you choose GR, the Days Inn is now a newly remodeled Holiday Inn. The Courtyard would be closer to GR bars though. You might consider Grand Haven, if you are looking for an active place with a summer lake type feel.

Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelorette party help!

This place is near Chicago

http://www.blarneyisland.com/about.htm

It is an island in the lake, I went there for a bachelorette party and had a blast. I'm not sure where it is exactly but we had spent the day downtown Chicago & went out to dinner & then Blarney Island

Haslett, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette party help!

I am looking for a unique idea for my bachelorette party this July something different to get away from the typical go out to the bars. We wanted to rent a house for a weekend in West Michigan, however, we are having trouble finding a house we can rent for only a weekend. This Put-in-bay sounds pretty intresting, I was wondering if you could tell me more about it and where you stayed and what it was like price wise?

Michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette party help!

Go to Chicago! I promise you will have a great time. Shopping, bars, guys...you cant go wrong!

7. Re: Bachelorette party help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:15