We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Memorial Day!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Memorial Day!

As I sit here at my desk in New Jersey, my mind turns naturally to those of you in Michigan who are loading your cars this afternoon for the trip Up North. You will put docks and boats in the water, visit quaint towns just opening their doors after the long winter and pull out lawn furniture, picnic tables and hammocks to prepare for another wonderful summer season. You may have bonfires on the beach and watch shooting stars in the sky. The fish may be biting and you may be swimming this weekend. Know that I wish I was there, as do many Michiganders transplanted elsewhere, and I can't wait to return Up North myself!

Travel safely! Moms

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Memorial Day!

Up North eh Moms. The Upper Peninsula is in the 80's this weekend like it is July. In Marquette now spending the day and night doing some shopping then L'Anse tomorrow to a graduation party at my Sisters.

Hope you have a nice Memorial Day weekend Moms.......

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Memorial Day!

That was poetic, Moms. You have a nice Memorial Day weekend, too. I know it wouldn't be nearly as good as if you were in MI (UP north), but I am sure NJ has some great place for you to celebrate------lol.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day to you all also. Wow, if this weekend is any indication Michigan will be busy this summer. :-0

Michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Memorial Day!

Wow, the traffic was backed up and bumper to bumper from Bay City to Saginaw. Sure was glad I was traveling South instead of North on Friday.

5. Re: Happy Memorial Day!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:17