We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michigan Lake Circle tour

Brussels, Belgium
12 posts
Save Topic
Michigan Lake Circle tour

Hi, I am planning a Michigan Lake Circle tour with my wife and kids ( 12 and 13 ) in August .

We start from Muskegon, take a ferry from Ludington to Manitowoc, then Green Bay, Escabana , maybe we drive over to Munising to see Lake Superior, then Mackinac island and we end up at Traverse City .

All advice is welcomed, including sight to see .

We are not in a hurry and I am planning a week fro that , is it ok.

thanks in advance

Michigan
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michigan Lake Circle tour

When in the U.P. Watersmeet school, home of the nirods, made famous by espn, is something to see and they have a gift shop. Lake of the Clouds in NW corner of the u.p. is nice and take the road back east along Lake Superior and then head south to the bridge. I think the island is way over rated, $$. Spend time and techumanon falls (sp). then maybe traverse city, instead of the island.

Edited: 16 July 2010, 15:08
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
242 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Michigan Lake Circle tour

I've done that half-Circle Tour, midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/… and in June we did the whole Circle Tour of Lake Michigan.

Lots of fun!

I've also done the Circle Tour of Lake Superior twice. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is great, but I wouldn't go unless I could devote a whole day for hiking or kayaking there, midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/nature/natio…

Don't skip Mackinac Island. If you stay in the harbor area, it can seem very touristy, but this last time we bicycled all over the island and had a great time.

There's a big festival in Green Bay you might want to catch -- pretty much a once-a decade or more type deal. If you go, be sure to reserve ASAP!

Aug. 13-15, Tall Ship Festival in Green Bay, Wis. A fleet of international sailing vessels will arrive on the only Wisconsin port of call on the Great Lakes United Tall Ships Challenge 2010. Tickets go on sale May 10 for tours and day sails; reserve early.

3. Re: Michigan Lake Circle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 06:18