We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luddington or Muskegon

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Luddington or Muskegon

Which would be the better place for a couple of days R&R. We are in our 50s & want somewhere to relax for a couple of days before crossing Lake Michigan on one of the ferries. Don't need amusement parks, just nice hotel & area to chill.

Rettie

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

Definately Ludington!!!!!!!! No comparison. Muskegon is not a tourist destination by any means.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

I agree with Doggy1 - Ludington would be a much better choice than Muskegon. Ludington has beautiful beaches, a lovely state park, and a walkable downtown. Muskegon is more industrial. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

Thank you, just as I thought. I hadn't read too much about Muskegon & just wanted to check with the experts on TA, never let me down yet. . Ferries about $100 cheaper too.

Rettie

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

ludington all the way. no comparison. also, recommend the ss badger over lake express......

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
927 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

Yep, I agree completely. Ludington is quaint and the Badger, albeit aged, is a much more fun trip. The Lake Express is faster and newer, but a completely different kind of ride. Enjoy your trip.

Northwest Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

The SS Badger is also a historic stop all of its own. Sounds like you'd enjoy it. We do.

Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
190 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

Ludington!!!!! The Lake Express is fast, but expensive and Muskegon has little to offer prior to going across. The SS Badger is a hoot!

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

Well, I will "8th" Ludington for you. LOL. We enjoyed our ferry ride very much a couple years ago, and Ludington is our all time favorite state park to visit and camp at. Enjoy the boat ride-be sure and walk all around the outside, visit the various areas of the ship, read up on its history, visit the gift shop, the little museum, etc., don't just sit and watch a movie or snooze in a corner--LOL. :)

9. Re: Luddington or Muskegon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 03:17