We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos in UP in October

Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos in UP in October

Are there alot of mosquitos up in the up in October? Or are they all gone? I always go up in the summertime but never the fall so I'm coming up this October and wonder if I will be getting bit like I do in July?

Thanks!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

There weren't any in ludington last weekend

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

I doubt you will see any bugs in the UP in October. ;)

Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

I hope so. I was up in July and I felt like there were a ton of them.

I have never been up there in October so I am really looking forward to the cool weather and leaves.

Portage, MI
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

No bugs was just up there for labor day and there def won't be in oct

Level Contributor
39 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

As a native Yooper, I can assure you there will be no mosquitos in October:)

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

No bugs to worry about in October....a few people here yesterday said they saw snow...more likely sleet ot ice crystals, but cold weather like yesterday sends the bugs into hiding...

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

We had a touch of snow this morning. Was a light rain and then turned to snow for just a little bit. It was 32° last night when I went to bed at Midnight. Right now, close to Noon it is 45°.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

OMG as the kids say. As I read the first posts, I was going to say I just hope we don't see any snow, then I got to the last few. Gee, thanks. Well in a way it's easier to pack knowing it will be cold than thinking it could be that big temperature swing. WI's having the same very early cold weather. Tyme, let's hope that ALL the bugs are killed by the cold, not just the skeeters.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

Naw, FT, the spiders love the cold weather and build really big webs too, and -OK, I will quit. Just kidding, of course. Bugs should be gone-I suppose you will encounter a few regular flies here and there-but hopefully not. And hopefully it will warm up by the time you leave and arrive in MI. Hopefully....

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitos in UP in October

Tyme, you are naaasty!! I tried to put that in all caps, but found out that TA doesn't like that, Hmm. Consider yourself shouted at and pouted at.