We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Water Inn St. Clair

cleveland,oh
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Blue Water Inn St. Clair

Anyone ever stay at the Blue Water Inn in St. Clair. It's next to the River Crab Restaurant.

Thanks!

Eastsider in...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

Do not expect much. It is mediocre at best. You're probably better off staying at the Thomas Edison Inn or one of the other hotels (pick a nicer chain hotel) in Port Huron, which is just north of St. Clair. However, The River Crab is a good restaurant.

Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

Now it's 2008! Has ANYBODY stayed here?

I am not interested in staying in a chain hotel; I am interested in staying along the St Clair River in a nice old place and seeing a lot of freighters.

Anybody?

Macomb
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

You May want to try the St. Clair Inn---I haven't stayed their but have eaten at their restaurant and just recently checked out their website and it may be what you are looking for.

Port Huron
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

The Blue Water Inn is an older hotel, and hasn't been updated much since it was built, I don't think. The staff is friendly, but I hope you don't have a problem with your plumbing after business hours; there's no maintenence staff on duty at night. The bathrooms are old style- with shower doors and faded pink tubs. The maids are doing a much better job than in the past; I think they have new ladies cleaning. You do have a great view of the water from all rooms, but the veranda is old and peeling. The steps need replacing. We've stayed there many times because our family is in St.Clair, and the rates are LOTS better than the St.Clair Inn, which is not any nicer than the Blue Water Inn. Make sure you ask for the best rate, like senior or friends rate, because if you don't you'll pay rack at $92.50. This will save you at least 20.00. The restaurant at the Blue water, The River Crab, is really good, excellent sea food, but not cheap. Very good service. The new manager is a dissapointment. (We liked Lenny!) and whatever you do-Stay for brunch on Sunday!

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

That Thomas Edison Inn is a nice place... but to help... did you check out bed and breakfast places? Check out this website. You can look at S.E. Michigan and I see there is a place on the river at Marine City. Just a thought..... I love that area, I know what you mean about enjoying the sights on the river. Good Luck.

http://www.bbonline.com/mi/

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

I just noticed the thread is rather dated.... hrumpf.

Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

I stayed at the St Clair Inn, last September. Yes it's old, no it's not a chain. It's a lovely old inn right on the river so you can see the freighters. I stayed in the old section with a river view and loved it. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was small but fine.

There's a great walkway along the river, there's a nice coffee house across the street, perfect for those of us who like "that sort of thing."

Just depends on what you want.

8. Re: Blue Water Inn St. Clair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 07:44