We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Photos

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,619 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Photos

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0331-e63e-20ca

A few photos from our trip. Chicago and Door County are included.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Photos

Wow, Adam, that is a fantastic slideshow-I didn't even know you could do that. And here I am a DE......I need to get with it!

And holy moly-over 25,000 posts-you are awesome!

Glad you had a good time.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Photos

Wow, I also didn't know you could make a slideshow like this. Pretty impressive. I'll have to try it.

I especially liked your pictured rocks pictures.

Thanks.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,200 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Photos

the weather looked great every day!

btw, our wedding was in the lobby of the rookery. very unique!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Photos

Well, that was a very cool place for a wedding, Strange! I am not aware of the Rookery in Chicago, though I have been countless times. What am I missing?

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,200 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Photos

tyme,

here's a link to the history of the building....

therookerybuilding.com/building-history.html

and here's what a wedding looks like in the lobby---we didn't get curtains for the storefront windows, just the main entrance..... we sat about 120 people, with a band and dance area fairly comfortably..... the bar was under the marble stairs!

www.chicagoweddingvenues.com/main/?p=471

and club quarters hotel is next door, which was convenient for us and the out of town guests.......

Edited: 27 October 2011, 23:51
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Photos

I love architecture and history, Strange and reading the historical aspect of the building, along with looking at the beautiful and unusual pictures of it was very enjoyable. Thanks for the links. My kid would love to have a wedding in such a place, esp with the purple decorations that is in the pictures of the wedding link! I have aunts and uncles and cousins that live in the greater Chicago area and so we get there every couple years or so. Thanks again!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Photos

Cool slide show and nice pictures! You taught me something today--I didn't even know about that feature. Thanks for sharing!

8. Re: Trip Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 08:25