We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michigan travelog from 1949

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Michigan travelog from 1949

www.youtube.com/watch…

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

Wow, Light, thanks very much for the link. I truly enjoyed watching that video-did it twice and now and I am going to Google Spikehorn, the bear man. LOL. Have to ask my father about him! He certainly looks like a character, doesn't he?

I hope you are doing well and had good holidays. :)

2. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 January 2012, 20:27
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

Wow, Light you goin' to be a travelin' man! Good for you! Jealous on all of it---except maybe your Kansas destination. Business or a cool place to go?

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,963 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

pretty cool

the old hippie (he predates the regular hippies by 20 years!) was funny.

thanks for the link!

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

Going to the Kansas Sampler Festival, Tyme. A trade show for attractions and rural Kansas, as well as the annual meeting of the Kansas Explorers.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

Very cool link--thanks for sharing!

Starting off the year with the Venices sounds great!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

I LOVED THIS VIDEO! Politically incorrect as all get out but so great! I am surprised by how similar so many of the locations look today...especially Mackinac Island and Sleeping Bear area. Traverse City is unrecognizable...What is very recognizable is the natural beauty!

Enjoy your travels light! I love looking for sharks teeth on the beaches of Venice, Florida! Are you visiting any other areas of northern Italy? My favorites are Varenna (on Lake Como) and the Cinque Terre (the Italian Riviera). Safe travels! Moms

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

We will fly into Venice and out of Milan. Will do 2 or 3 other cities as day trips. I am considering Lake Como, but early March may not be the time to go there.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

My husband frequently flies the JFK-Milan route. In fact he was "stuck" there for a week when the Icelandic Volcano erupted. He learned the city and its surrounding towns very well during that week and has taken me there often as a result (lucky me!). As soon as he returns from his current flight, I will private message you with some great dining options. I really love Milan and all the great towns around it.

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Michigan travelog from 1949

That volcano was just before we made the trip to London & Paris, during which I proposed at the Eiffel Tower. Heathrow reopened 4 days before our flight.

I was sweating coming up with another time and place to propose:-)

I will be watching for your recomendations.