We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurant

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Restaurant

Hello everyone, I tried writing to let you know of a new restaurant in Mt. Clemens, Michigan called Gumbo's, but low and behold there is no option for a new place for a new place on Trip Advisor. I keep getting the message that it is not listed. Well, duh, of course it's not listed. They opened in April of 2010 and for one reason or another have not been listed on Trip Advisor. There should be lines out the door, that is if you enjoy New Orleans cuisine.

They're located in downtown Mt. Clement near Artis Music at 53 both Walnut Street.

The phone # 586-307-3100. They are open Monday-Friday 11am to 6pm.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,925 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Restaurant

TA does not make it exactly obvious how to add a listing. If you go to the "Help Center" link way at the bottom of the page, you will find another link to add an unlisted property. Eventually you can find these instructions:

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_of_an_a…

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Restaurant

I used the information in your post and have relayed your request to have Gumbo's restaurant added to the list in Mt. Clemens Mi. It may take a few days. I listed it as Cajun/Creole, I hope that's what you mean by New Orleans cuisine.

Oh sorry tev, I just went ahead and added it.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 19:45
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Restaurant

Tev, thanks for the info regarding new restaurants. I've saved the post in my Trip folders. I can't ever remember how to do that when it comes up.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Restaurant

kennethandmary, Gumbo's is now listed at the bottom showing no reviews with six other restaurants.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Restaurant

Perhaps a link to a new restaurant is in order?

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Restaurant

Thanks Rono. Take a nice drive along the lake and swing by Mt. Clemens for some tummy warming New Orleans cuisine.

7. Re: New Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:22