We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State Forest campground reservations

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
State Forest campground reservations

I was trolling the paper this morning and noticed this article:

detroitnews.com/article/…rss

I like the more remote aspects of camping on the state forests, but always hesitate when I have the whole family in tow to head to a campground in case its full. Now there are a few places where advance reservations can be made.

Hungarian Falls
Dams, Forests, Geologic Formations, Hiking Trails, Waterfalls
McLain State Park
Forests, Parks, State Parks, Hiking Trails, Bodies of Water
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park
Forests, State Parks, Hiking Trails
Bewabic State Park
Forests, Nature & Wildlife Areas, State Parks, Hiking Trails
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: State Forest campground reservations

Thanks for the link, luv2. I had heard about this before but didn't think it would come to fruition. It did. Yeah for us campers. Going to check out those cabins at Little Presque Isle right now...!

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
750 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: State Forest campground reservations

It would be nice if their map was updated to reflect the State Forests and I don't know where most of them are located!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: State Forest campground reservations

With time (when-who knows!), I am sure they will include those new places on their map. Their ideas always take shape and come to be, and then they update the features for the public to use at a later date. We have to remember, this is the government.....lol. But finally, something that should have been done years ago!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: State Forest campground reservations

If you know in general what part of the state you want to stay in you can look at the regular map here:

michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/parkmap.aspx

which lists state forest campgrounds and then when you click on the individual campground it'll show a "make a reservation" on the very bottom of the page if it is part of the advance reservation system.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 23:45
Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: State Forest campground reservations

Here is another web site that shows State Parks -

http://www.stateparks.com/mi.html

6. Re: State Forest campground reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:40