We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warren Dunes SP dog beach!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Warren Dunes SP dog beach!

While we are very unimpressed with the campground (and the unfriendly employees) at this park, we were happily surprised to see that they have a dog swimming area on the far end of the beach. It doesn't seem to be well publicized (or I just missed it in researching the trip) so I wanted to put the info out on TA.

The hot sunny weather we're having is perfect for hanging out at the beach with the dog boy!

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warren Dunes SP dog beach!

Hey, I am so glad Dog Boy is having/had a great romp thru the water and on the beach. Bet everyone had a blast!

We are not fond of Warren Dunes SP either, though I cannot remember much about the people working there. I do remember the "alcohol police aka park rangers" searching out illegal alcohol possession. And the site across the street was a sight (pun intended) to behold. They made them empty their trunks (all 3 cars), they checked their tents, coolers...and of course, found some! And all of it was taken. The campers didn't say a word, until they left, of course. LOL. A long time ago it was. However, I was glad they were doing their job and following thru carrying out the rules of the campground, but they were a bit ruthless. One visit (we used to camp there quite a bit when I was a kid) for us was enough. We have used their day use area a couple of times when we were not camping in the campground, but it was crazy there. Lots of people from Chicago getting relief from the big city and heat.

OH-hello to ST and Mrsj---I didn't mean anything negative there about Chicago citizens.... :) :) :)!!

Edited: 18 July 2012, 19:03
detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warren Dunes SP dog beach!

that is crazy but then again they did find what they were looking for.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warren Dunes SP dog beach!

FIB----Friendly Illinois Brother!!

personally, i love warren dunes.... when you first drive thru to the beach, and the big dune comes into view, you gotta admit, it's pretty awesome....

4. Re: Warren Dunes SP dog beach!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:17