We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gerald Ford Museum or Library

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Gerald Ford Museum or Library

Which is best to visit?

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gerald Ford Museum or Library

I would vote for the museum, also there is a lot more to do in Grand Ra[ids.

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
743 posts
1,136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gerald Ford Museum or Library

I agree.

The museum in Grand Rapids is more interesting (and the former President is actually buried there). My favorite room in the museum is the full-size replica of the White House oval office (furnished as it was during Gerald Ford's presidency).

The library in Ann Arbor (U of M North campus) might be your choice if you are researching documents.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gerald Ford Museum or Library

3rd the library. We thought it a very nice, well done, presidential library. Not real large, very interesting, just so well put together. I also enjoyed the Oval Office, flint. And yes, having his and Mrs. Ford's graves right there is nice, too.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
808 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gerald Ford Museum or Library

I've been to the museum in Grand Rapids, so I can say it's worth visiting. Never been to the library in Ann Arbor, but my understanding is that it doesn't have that many displays, it's mainly a repository for documents.

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gerald Ford Museum or Library

Thanks everyone. It will be the museum for us. Grand Rapids is on our route.

6. Re: Gerald Ford Museum or Library

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 06:17