We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with 10 day trip to northern MI in sept

chicago
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
help with 10 day trip to northern MI in sept

week after labor day for 7-10 days

interested in a day trip to manitou island, petoskey, charlevoix, harbor springs and mackinac island, any other ideas?

we have already done sleeping bear, ludington and mackinac island

looking for another option for mackinac island, last year we stayed murray hotel and loved it but id rather not share a bed with my daughter and their rate is $149 for two beds, if thats the best deal in town we will pay it just wondering if there are other options

whats a good plan for visiting the above locations, should we stay in one place and drive each day or switch hotels? i dont mind switching hotels, we travel light

we like to bike ride, go to beaches, pretty much anything outside that a 4 year old can do

id like to keep the hotel around $100 a night

thanks!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with 10 day trip to northern MI in sept

Have you done none of the UP other than Mackinac Island?

You probably wouldn't want to add the entire Upper Peninsula, but I would add some of the eastern attractions and communities: Soo Locks, Whitefish Point, Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum, Tahquamenton Falls, Grand Marais, Pictured Rocks, Seney National Wildlife Refuge, Fayette State Park, and Kitchitikipi Big Spring are my favorites. Perhaps a short visit to Soo Ontatio.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with 10 day trip to northern MI in sept

Just pictured rocks but I'm thinking we will stick to northern mi for this trip since we have so many things on our list

3. Re: help with 10 day trip to northern MI in sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 06:20