We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cider Mills 2013

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
748 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Topic
Cider Mills 2013

I missed out last year when the apple crop was lost due to the freaky spring weather of 2012. This year I'd like to get out and visit some. Who has the best cider and donuts in the lower penninsula?

Williamston...
Level Contributor
815 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cider Mills 2013

I'm no connoisseur, but Uncle John's Cider Mill on US-127 by St. John's seems to have made a successful business with it.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cider Mills 2013

I too really missed good cider last year. The orchard by our house had it, but it wasn't good and it was incredibly expensive.

I grew up going to Yates Cider Mill in Rochester so I don't know if their donuts really are the best, but for me nothing beats them.

http://www.yatescidermill.com/

Nearer to my home now, we like going to Three Cedars Farm in Northville. They seem to always have fresh, hot donuts and good cider (not made there) when we hit them for the corn maze and/or pumpkins.

http://www.threecedarsfarm.org/index.asp

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cider Mills 2013

We have enjoyed visiting and getting donuts (and other sweet treats) at Franklin Cider Mill, in Franklin.

We LOVE the cider and cookies (yes, I said cookies) at Leaman's Green Apple Barn, Freeland, MI.

http://www.greenapplebarn.com/

If you go there, you might as well visit Bayne's Apple Valley Farm, also in Freeland.

5395 Midland Rd Freeland, MI

(989) 695-9139

They have good donuts there (Leaman's does too but not sure they are the best..), its a fun place. Both are fun places, really. Leaman's has a lot of activities for kids/families.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cider Mills 2013

Franklin cider mill is very nice but a long way for you tyme, next time you go let me know and we can meet ;-).

Luv2, have you been to the Dexter Cider Mill, if you have how is it?

Clio, Michigan
Level Contributor
184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cider Mills 2013

we went to Leaman's Green Apple Barn in Freeland last year for the very 1st time and enjoyed. Already planning to go this year.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cider Mills 2013

Wench--we've never been to the Dexter Cider Mill. Maybe it is time for some doughnut research this fall!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cider Mills 2013

I think we may try it this year. If you go before I do let me know how it is.

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cider Mills 2013

I didn't even know Dexter had a Cider Mill. I will have to check it out. We usually go to the Plymouth Cider Mill. Growing up I went to Franklin even though we lived closer to other ones. St. Johns is a nice one.

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
748 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cider Mills 2013

Thanks everybody for the great suggestions. I'm going to have to check some of them out. The ones I've been to in the past have good tasting cider, but at high prices. The Parshallville Cider Mill is very scenic and historic. Erwins in South Lyon has award-winning cider, but no scenery (just an orchard store). Anyone know who has the best prices?

Edited: 13 September 2013, 21:29
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cider Mills 2013

Prices tend to equal out when we visit, flint. Some places have cider that is more expensive, but the donuts ate cheaper, and so on.

I did not know Plymouth had a cider mill. Dexter isn't too far from there....might have to go mill hopping one weekend soon! I have to go to Hell to return an item anyway, so might as well make it a day! ;)