We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duluth to Mackinac Island

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
662 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Duluth to Mackinac Island

What is the route to Mac Isle from Duluth to avoid taking the ferry?

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

Hello parentsof5,

What ferry are you wondering about?

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

I would take US-2 from Duluth right to St. Ignace/Mackinaw City. You will have to take a ferry to the island though.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,640 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

You could fly between St Ignace and the Island.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
662 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

Something I read on another post made me think there was a long ferry (I didn't take it as the ferry you have to take to the island). The online map also made it seem like there was a long ferry ride to the shore across from the island (?). I guess I really just want the most direct route.

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

The only ferry ride that I know of is the ferry to the island. It's not a long ride. It's maybe 20 minutes.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

since you're coming from kansas, perhaps you were thinking of the ferries that cross lake michigan from wisc to michigan? the one out of manitowoc is 4 hours and the other out of MKE is 2.5 hours, both MUCH longer than the short ferry ride to mack island..... either way, you can easily avoid the ferry rides across the lake......

7. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 19:47
Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
662 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

Thanks everyone. That helps a lot. We will not be coming from Kansas. We will either be coming from SW Minnesota, or from Duluth.

9. Re: Duluth to Mackinac Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:20