We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow train

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Snow train

If anyone was contemplating coming north for the Agawa Canyon snow train out of the Soo Ontario, be advised that CN has cancelled the train trip due to low ridership.

www.wawa-news.com/index.php…

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow train

That's too bad. It is a beautiful day trip when the icicles form because of the mineral colors. I've done the tour twice and once I took the regular train all the way to Hearst for a great cross-country ski trip. Enjoyed it all.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow train

That is very sad. We have been on the Snow Train twice and enjoyed it immensely. We have also been on it once during the summer, and were thrilled with our trip. I always wanted to take the train up to Hearst, luv2!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,871 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow train

that really suks.... i did the train tour in the summer a few years back, and rode the passenger train one winter, with snowmobiles, and got off at hawk junction.... 900 miles later, we were back in the SOO---a most awesome ride!!

i guess if the train tour is canceled, one could still ride the regular passenger train to see the sights (if it's still running), but it would definitely not be a day trip....

Edited: 11 December 2013, 04:38
4. Re: Snow train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:17