We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving the coasts in Rv

sonoma county
Level Contributor
171 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Driving the coasts in Rv

We are planing a road trip to Great Lakes in our Rv. Is travelling michigan hwy 25 ok in an Rv? We want to get as many views of the water as possible.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving the coasts in Rv

If you're talking about MI-25 from Port Huron to Bay City, I would say yes.

I've driven 25 from Bay City to Caseville many times (years ago) and parts of 25 north of Port Huron. I have never driven the whole circuit, but from a "narrow road / large RV" point of view, I don't think it's a problem.

MI-119 from Harbor Springs North (tunnel of trees), and to a lesser extent, M-22 from Traverse City to Northport and around/ down to Sleeping Bear sand dunes. Would be two roads I'd be less app to want to drive a large RV on, due to Twistys and Narrow roads. (you can drive RVs, you just have to be cognizant of other traffic, bicycles, etc.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 14:50
Mentioned in this post
Port Huron
Port Huron
Michigan
Bay City
Bay City
Michigan
Caseville
Caseville
Michigan
Harbor Springs
Harbor Springs
Emmet County, MI
Traverse City
Traverse City
Grand Traverse County, MI
Northport
Northport
Leelanau County, MI
2. Re: Driving the coasts in Rv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16