We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michigan road trip

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Michigan road trip

I am planning on a road trip along the coast of lake Michigan starting Jul 3rd from Indianapolis and returning on July 6th evening. Can you provide some advice which cities, towns and attractions could be my waypoint. I plan to spend the nights on any place to stay along the road. Just for 4th of July I'd like your advice which place is the best to watch fireworks. I will probably start from Indy at about 6pm.

Many thanks in advance.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Michigan road trip

AnindaKS if you look on this forum for the post entitled "Fourth of July!" started by momstravel you may get an idea of where you might like to be on the 4th.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Michigan road trip

Thanks Yoop will head there

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Michigan road trip

While I love traveling without plans and just stopping wherever you fell like for the night, this is probably a bad idea for the west coast of Lake Michigan during 4th of July weekend. A quick Kayak search shows very limited rooms available from Benton Harbor to Ludington, with Super 8s running $200 where available. If you plan on getting same day hotels, be sure to look early in the day - waiting until you get tired might mean a 50 mile drive to find a hotel, or sleeping in your car at a highway rest stop.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michigan road trip

Yes I am indeed very surprised at the hotel rates.

5. Re: Michigan road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17