We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachlorette party ideas

Clinton Township...
1 post
Save Topic
Bachlorette party ideas

What is the best place to go in Michigan for some tubing that is near civilization but far enough away when were tubing? Having a girls weekend for my bachlorette party and wanted to do something a bit different. Still want to hit some bars in the evening. Not traverse city though its kind of far and some of my bridesmaids cant afford it. We live in the metro Detroit area, so id say something that's 2 hours away max. Lake Huron or lake Michigan. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have 1 month til my bachlorette party and nothing planned.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Huron
Lake Huron
10 Reviews
Michigan
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachlorette party ideas

Consider going down the Rogue River north of Grand Rapids. There are a few companies that will drop you off a few miles upstream and float back down. The Rogue is beautiful - clear, small, often shaded and twisty. After you tube, there are dozens of bars in downtown GR to hit up, its about 10-15 minutes from the river. I think GR is about 2H 15 M from Clinton Twp. Lots to do at night.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachlorette party ideas

I would suggest the Piere Marquette outside of Traverse City. A LOT to do in the area... you could do wine tours with a limo, a pretty nice bar scene... and then go tubing.

Closer to Detroit you could do the Riffle River in West Branch... but theres not really a lot to do at night.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 01:04
Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Bachlorette party ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16