We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U.S entry visa for UK citizen entering by car from Canada

livingston, SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
263 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
U.S entry visa for UK citizen entering by car from Canada

I urgently need advice on the following!!!!

I am travelling to Canada with my wife & 2 kids to visit relatives and have booked 2 nights in Minneapolis for shopping and a Theme park. We will be driving a hire car over the border from Canada to the U.S and are now really worried that we have no idea what is required for us to gain entry into the U.S when we reach the border control point. Is there forms to fill in at the border or do we need to apply online like you have to do if you were flying direct to Florida for example. The last time we visited the U.S was in July 2008 and we just filled in a visa form on the plane coming over.....Desperately need advice on this matter........HELP!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Florida
Florida
United States
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: U.S entry visa for UK citizen entering by car from Canada

Here's a link to the US Immigration website. Hope this helps.

uscis.gov/portal/…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: U.S entry visa for UK citizen entering by car from Canada

fco.gov.uk/en/…

That will give you a start with the information you need.

The first link below contains information that was updated this month (although shouldn't that be 09 - 6 - 2010?) and will give you some details you'll need about the forms to complete. The second link shows a form that is one we Canadians usually complete when going through the pre-clearance formalities at Canadian airports for trans-border flights to the States. After many years of cross border shopping I've never had to complete this form when driving south of the 49th parallel, although you may be asked to do so.

cbp.gov/xp/…cbp_i94w_form.xml

cbp.gov/linkhandler/…sample_cbp_decla.pdf

3. Re: U.S entry visa for UK citizen entering by car from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 09:07