We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody would know of something Christmas related or other, a couple could do or see that would be fun for two people in their mid twenties? Something like a funny play, a couple's class (making something that would take a day), or some other city favorite for mid December?

Thank you :)

Edited: 31 October 2010, 04:43
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
830 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

You could check out the "Christmas Carol" play at the new Guthrie Theatre. This play runs every year during Christmas and is very popular. If you like ice skating there are a couple of options. in dowtown Mpls and nearby Roseville MN.

http://www.guthrietheater.org/

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

The Hollidazle Parade on Nicollet and Macy's 8th floor exhibit is always fun.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

I LOVE the Walker at Christmas time. The British Advertising Awards pretty much sell out every year, 2021 is a great restaurant with a very nice view over a hopefully snow-covered downtown, and you can also take a brisk walk through the sculpture. Loring Park across the road is also very nice - great scenery, bars & restaurants.

I'd also second The Guthrie - can't beat A Christmas Carol for holiday tradition. And they also have great views, restaurants, bars, etc. You can also check out the Mill City Museum or enjoy a scenic stroll on the St Anthony Bridge.

To warm up, you can't beat the poinsettia show at the Como Park Pavilion.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

If you like satire, there's the Brave New Workshop. It's been so long since I've been there, I didn't even realize they dropped the Dudley Riggs part of their title. I enjoyed shows there in the past. I noticed on their website that they've got a new Christmas program opening this month. "Brett Favre: The Second Coming" although I'm sure as always the Brett Favre is just small part of their revue.

Los Angeles, CA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

I would suggest going to a football game. The Minnesota Vikings should be fun to watch. You could tailgate and grill up some bratwurst. Also, if you are looking for a warmer venue, you could check out the Minnesota Timberwolves. Especially if the Los Angeles Lakers are in town. There is a chance there could be a Khloe Kardashian sighting. Whether you decide to go or not, I'm sure your boyfriend would appreciate some time to watch the game on TV. I would suggest going to a Kimpton hotel for the free wine hour but unfortunately there is no Kimpton in Minneapolis. Anyways, good luck and have fun whatever you do.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

Over in St. Paul MN Wild Hockey games on December 1,3,16,20,26,29 and 31. Not Christmas related but still fun.

Ice Skating at The Depot, downtown Mpls can fit right in to the holiday mood.

The American Swedish Institute has a number of Christmas displays and activities Nov-Jan.

americanswedishinst.org/ASI/…nordicchristmas

and you don't even have to be Swedish (I'm not but I married one) or even Scandinavian to appreciate them. Especially this year if you like Coca-Cola related art.

Edited: 05 November 2010, 17:44
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

don't forget about the Twelve Bars of Christmas ... always a fun times.

you do have to pre-order your shirts in advance

7th Annual 12 Bars of Christmas

Friday, December 3rd 2010

12BoCer’s,

Can you believe that we’re only 4 weeks away from the 7th Annual 12 Bars of Christmas?! The cut-off for pre-ordering shirts is only days away and this year’s 12BoC is playing out to be the best one yet. We’re happy to announce three bars that will be making their first ever appearance on the 12BoC. We welcome everyone’s favorite dueling piano bar - The Shout House, the legendary First Avenue, and Whisky Park, a new country bar. We’re happy to have them aboard and think they’ll add a new level of entertainment. We plan to send out an update next week with more information on the participating bars and other 12BoC specials beyond the fantastic Bud Light family discounts.

Pre-order for shirts ends next Tuesday, Nov 9th at 5PM!!!

To pre-order a shirt you will need to visit our website at 12boC.com and place your order. You can order shirts directly from the homepage by choosing the number of shirts and sizes you and your friends need. Pre-order shirts are $15 each ($17 for XXL). You pay for your shirts when you pick them up, not before. Shirts will be handed out at scheduled happy hours throughout the Twin Cities leading up to the event and you pay for them at the happy hour. We will send out an update when we know the details on the happy hour schedule. Pre-order for shirts ends at 5PM next Tuesday so you don't have a lot of time to round up all of your friends and get your pre-order in!

Just a heads up...

To eliminate some confusion we wanted to let you know that there is another crawl calling itself the 12 Bars of Christmas a week after the 12BoC. We are not affiliated with this event. The other event requires online payment. To register for our crawl you need to go to 12BoC.com. You will not pay for your shirt until you pick it up at one of the shirt happy hours.

As always this years event will benefit the Minneapolis & St. Paul Children’s Hospitals. This year we expect to exceed 3,000 bar crawlers so this is one you won’t wanna miss!!

Cheers!

Jake, Jeremy & Kyle

Check out our website: 12boc.com

Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php…

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

There is also a Minnesota version of A Christmas Carol spoof, "A Don't Hug Me Christmas Carol." The website is www.adonthugmechristmascarol.com . Tickets are quite reasonable $23-$26. I think I might check that out myself.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
394 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

The Summit Brewery gives free tours.

Yummy MN beer!

Call now to get on the list.

http://www.summitbrewing.com/home.php

10. Re: December Activities for a Young Couple in Minneapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 06:17