We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End if march questions

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
End if march questions

We never go anywhere during spring break since my husband can never get off and it seems like everything is crowded. But this year we are thinking of heading to the mall of America for one night and doing the kids spring clothes shopping.

Here are my questions:

1. How busy would it be for hotels/mall during the last week of march. We could come mid week or stay a Thursday and Friday.

2. Any neat places to see that are close? We did Disney in December so no rides are needed and we did the aquarium when they our oldest was little but for the 5 of us it seems to pricey. Plus we did the shed aquarium a few years ago. Don't think any museums as we will be in dc in September seeing all of the museums there.

3. Any other neat eating places besides rainforest cafe? I know the food is not great but it is something they haven't done.

We hate crowds so I am thinking that if we go mid week crowds should be better than on a Friday.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End if march questions

Sorry should say end of march. I hate my iPod sometimes!

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End if march questions

It shouldn't be too crowded during the week, it could be on the weekend though.

The MN Zoo is pretty awesome, esp the Grizzly Coast, and is open year-round. Weather is slowly warming up, could be tolerable by month's end.

Aside from the obvious mall eats, I can't recommend anything unique in that area. However, if you want to venture into a neighborhood either entering or exiting town, there is a great bookstore in Linden Hills that never disappoints. Anyone I've taken to Wild Rumpus has spent at least 2 hours there... it houses a couple dozen resident animals. There is also a very cool kid store nearby - Creative Kidstuff.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 22:16
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End if march questions

I agree, the MN Zoo is wonderful and just a short drive south on 77 to Apple Valley from the MOA. It's open from 9:00-4:00 in the winter. Don't miss the bird show. The IMAX is also there.

4. Re: End if march questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Minnesota