We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minneapolis or St Paul?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Minneapolis or St Paul?

I realize this could be contraversial question, but here goes. I have 3 nights in the area. My daughter is going on campus tour of Macalaster, then we have 3 days to spend. Should we divide our time equally btwn Minneapolis and St Paul, or should we just concentrate on one city? Thoughts?

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minneapolis or St Paul?

I'd pick one to stay in, but you can easily pop of to the other to see specific sights.

They both have lots to see and do.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minneapolis or St Paul?

Haha, not controversial. But depending on which side of the river you live here, you definitely have your preferences. I live in Minneapolis and work in St. Paul. Their closeness in proximity would allow you to see a little of both. Perhaps one day you could take a hop over to Minneapolis. Spend the other two days exploring the area around Macalaster -- Mac-Groveland, down to Highland, up to Como, Summit Hill. I believe you asked about historic hotels. The St, Paul Hotel in the downtown area would certainly qualify,

In Minneapolis, I think you should see the downtown area -- particularly the riverfront. Maybe take the bus down to the chain of lakes or the train down to Minnehaha Park to see one of our beautiful urban parks that get national recognition

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minneapolis or St Paul?

Such great cities! so little time.... With your daughter and her age, I would consider Minneapolis. Lake Calhoun is always full of young, good looking people and it is near trendy Uptown. you could walk a couple blocks from Calhoun to Café Barbette for lunch. The river area (above) is cool with the beautiful stone arch bridge and River place. The Guthrie is super modern and is one of the best theaters in the country (outside of NYC). The walker Art center is near Loring park... both hip. Have fun!

4. Re: Minneapolis or St Paul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:21