We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Country Air - your experiences?

Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Country Air - your experiences?

Hi all. We're planning a trip to the Minneapolis area soon and Sun Country Air is one of our airline options. Since it's a regional airline based in Minnesota, we've never heard of them (we live in NYC). Would love to hear from others about your experiences with Sun Country and how you felt about them as far as service, safety, comfort, etc. Thanks.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
130 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

I traveled Sun Country from MSP to san diego last year and was very pleased. I usualy travel Northwest, but with the various strikes and talk of, I book Sun Country. We hadnt traveled before the HHH Herbert H Humphrey teminal before either and while it was smaller than the main terminal, the process went smoothly. We found the gate and even had time for a snack. The flight was better than average. I wouldnt have any resevations with flying Sun Country.

enjoy your trip.

Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

Sun Country airline is my preference to fly, along with Air Tran.

Sun County has good prices, good service, almost always on time, other than due to weather. I have never had lost luggage or my belongings broken into. My friend just came back 3 weeks ago from a trip on Northwest from International. They had met up with their suitcases in Memphis, TN and from their they had gotten lost, they waited for another week before they showed up, and most of their clothes were missing from their suitcases, on one the zipper was cut.

CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

I've flown Sun Country roundtrip MSP from San Francisco 5 times in the last year and another flight coming up in late September. I've never had any issues with any of the flights: on time, very nice employees, seats are fine (I usually get a redeye and snag an entire row to myself for max comfort!)

I'll continue to use them.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

I definitely recommend Sun Country. I've never had a problem with arrival/departure times or luggage issues. All the seats are leather-upholstered, and I've always been offered a small meal instead of just peanuts. Enjoy your trip to Mpls!

Mpls
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

My husband and I traveled to St. Thomas USVI in April from Minneapolis on Sun Country. We were very, very pleased and would definitely travel SC again.

midwest
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

We use Sun Country whenever they go to where we're going.

The soon to be new owner says he will gradually expand the number of their destinations, we hope so.

7. Re: Sun Country Air - your experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 07:19