We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
11 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

We would like to take our 8 year old daughter to dinner in the metro for her birthday. Need recommendations for a fun dinner experience! Anything goes!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

Kids like the Old Spaghetti Factory. I wasn't impressed with the food, but I was there for my kids.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
635 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

Old Spaghetti Factory, Rain Forest Café, Ichi Bans, Benihana, Although pricey, our kids like Fogo De Chao and the Melting Pot. Of course there is always Chuck E. Cheese. We prefer the one in Edina because it has the two floors.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,675 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

We love Psycho Suzy's & Manards on Lake Minnetonka. Great water settings, but I do question the locations for you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
900 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

You could go to the Rain Forest Café in the Mall of America and then walk over to Nickelodeon Universe after dinner and let her go on all the rides.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

Psycho Suzie's is a great recommendation if you can get a table on the patio, which can be next to impossible! I might recommend the original Broadway Pizza in NE as they have a pretty cool miniature train that rides around the whole restaurant. Fun decor and decent pizza too.

I'd also recommend any restaurant in Linden Hils (44th & Upton) then a visit to Wild Rumpus Bookstore (http://wildrumpusbooks.com). It's the only one in town that houses live animals - it's really fun to explore and find them, and you can also get her the excellent present of a book. The Lake Harriet Trolley (www.trolleyride.org/CHSL_Main/schedule.html) is operating too, which is a great little side trip just down the hill from there. The bandstand has concessions and live performances most summer nights, enjoy!

6. Re: What are the best family fun restaurants in the metro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17