We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natchez Private Home Tours -- which ones?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
93 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Natchez Private Home Tours -- which ones?

I see that some of the private homes are open for tours in the fall and spring. I saw a listing for several different choices. Has anyone toured any of these and have any feedback on which one's are worth seeing, or if certain ones aren't all that great.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Natchez Private Home Tours -- which ones?

Some of the homes are open only during the fall and spring pilgrimage weekends and other are open year around. I would definitely visit Longwood, Dunleith and Stanton Hall. Not sure if Elgin is still on the tours but if so, I would skip it.

Mentioned in this post
Longwood
Longwood
1,265 Reviews
Natchez, MS
Dunleith
Dunleith
276 Reviews
Natchez, MS
Stanton Hall
Stanton Hall
695 Reviews
Natchez, MS
Mississippi
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Natchez Private Home Tours -- which ones?

I agree that Dunleith, Stanton Hall, and especially Longwood are great to visit. I also liked Rosalie. One year during spring pilgrimage, we stayed at The Burn in the main house and enjoyed the included tour and full southern breakfast.

Mentioned in this post
Dunleith
Dunleith
276 Reviews
Natchez, MS
Stanton Hall
Stanton Hall
695 Reviews
Natchez, MS
Longwood
Longwood
1,265 Reviews
Natchez, MS
The Burn
The Burn
167 Reviews
Natchez, MS
3. Re: Natchez Private Home Tours -- which ones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 06:18